Tuesday 20 December 2011

Hanukkah Preparations - Are you ready?

It's the 20th December today, and tonight is the first night of Hanukkah! I'm not sure who is more excited, the girls or I? Without putting to much focus on presents, I must say, I am looking forward to seeing them open their presents over the next 8 nights. As I said, it is not just about presents though, I also am looking forward to lighting the menorah tonight, watching the girls play dreidel and teaching the girls the history behind Hanukkah.

I have been making plans since mid year for Hanukkah and even though last Hanukkah was a good one, I wanted to make this one even better! The past few weeks have really dragged on awaiting the 20th December to finally arrive. Presents have been organised for many weeks, and now, it is a bit hard to believe Hanukkah is almost here!

This morning I put my final preparations in place and went grocery shopping with all 5 of the girls - who, thankfully, were well behaved while we were out (that always makes the trip easier!). Two hours and two trolley loads later, I have finished my grocery shopping also. I have many different recipes lined up for the next 8 days, so look out Kosher Cooking Carnival, I will be submitting a few recipes for the next carnival!! Hmmmm....I wonder if the 8kgs of potatos I brought will be enough for Latkes this year??

This video is one of my favorite for Hanukkah, I'm sure you have all seen it before, but I thought I would share it anyhow :)



Chag Sameach!! Happy Hanukkah to all!!

..... Just another day ....

3 comments:

SnoopyTheGoon said...

With no little ones to make preparations for, we are celebrating with another little one, the grandson, this year. And happy Chanukah to you and yours.

Oh, and of course, nice to see you are back.

Chanalesings said...

Happy chanukah to u and urs. Icheck out my chanukah post if ud like. I love the jewish mom bloggers full out holiday blogging tonight"

Baleboosteh said...

Thank you both :)

...and Snoopy, I hope you have a wonderful Hanukkah with your little Grandson.