Friday, 23 December 2011
A Simple and Delicious Latke Recipe
Ok, so I'm sure there are 10 billion Latke recipes around, but I wanted to share the recipe I use anyway! This recipe obviously doesn't make a lot of Latkes, but can be doubled, tripled or whatever you like. I ended up doing 10 times the amounts below which was heaps for two days for my family of 7.
2 tablespoons matzo meal
oil for frying
salt & pepper to taste
1. Peel potatoes and grate along with the onion into a bowl (a food processor is a life saver for larger amounts!).
2. Place in a colander and press down to drain excess liquid and return to bowl.
3. Mix in lightly beaten egg and matzo meal. Season well.
4. Add tablespoon sized dollops of the mix to a frying pan of hot oil and flatten slightly with an egg flip. Cook until golden on both sides, drain on a paper towel lined plate to soak up excess oil and serve hot with apple sauce or sour cream.
5. Enjoy....but not too many!!
.... Just another day ....