Saturday 17 December 2011

Why do we really blog?

It has been a very long time since I last blogged on this blog. I've had some major changes in my life since then - including the addition of 2 baby girls, one now aged 21 months and the other almost 8 months. That's right, they are only 13 months apart and I now really have my hands full with my 5 girls. We have also moved house once again to what was at the time a reasonable sized house to us as a family of 5...now we are a family of 7 and have quickly out grown this house over the past 2 years. It does have its perks though, we are right on the beach front and have fantastic views which somewhat compensate for our crowded house. Ultimately, we still dream of one day making Aliyah to Israel, I don't know if it will ever happen, Aliyah from Australia is quite a bit harder than it seems to be from the USA or UK. I would move tomorrow if I could. There are no programs for Aliyah from Australia, which is pretty disappointing, but, I will not give up on the hope of getting there in the end.

There are many other changes that we have had as a family, some big, some little, some significant, some not. Many to mundane to even bother listing here. I assume in the past 3 years since I have really blogged on a regular basis that there have been many changes to the Jewish blogosphere also. Bloggers come and go all the time - I've looked up a few of my old favorites who are still on my blogroll to sadly discover that they no longer blog. Even after taking such a long break from blogging myself, and after contemplating it numerous times, I have not been able to call blogging quits forever like some of my favorite bloggers have done. In my quick browse around the blogs, I have noticed Jewish bloggers who I have never heard of before, who are blogging regularly and climbing the ladder to the top of the JBlog world. So, I wonder if this post here of mine, on my blog that I haven't written on regularly for 3 years will even get read? Why do we really blog anyway? I guess it really doesn't matter anyway - for me its more about therapy rather than about pulling massive reader numbers - therapy that I would like to take up on a regular basis once again. At the end of the day, I guess everyone blogs for their own reasons...whatever they may be.



.... Just another day ....

12 comments:

Leora said...

If Batya says you are one of her favorites... well, please share! I would be glad to read what you have to say.

Chana @ Lemon Lime Moon said...

You're Back!!
How wonderful.
And yes, blogging is for the writer, not the masses. It never matters how many read a blog. It is important for the words and creativity you yourself put into it.
I am glad to be able to read your words once again.

Chanalesings said...

Hey-i would love to see a list of ur favorite jewish bloggers. Im pretty devoted to my blog these days. What tips would u give with all ur experience?

Mottel said...

I read it. regards

Sharon A said...

I was pleased to see you had my blog as one of your favorites. Love to hear from Australia. I do prefer Melbourne, where we lived before aliyah,well 1o years before, you are right it is hard to make aliyah from Australia.
Keep checking in to find out what is really happening in Jerusalem. Chanukah samaech.

Sharon A
The Real Jerusalem Streets

android apps development said...

Blogger is one kind of the information or presentation of the people thought or his presentation where he just write about his creativity.

Baleboosteh said...

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Sharon, I really don't know how you did it. There just seems to be no support making Aliyah from Australia...I'd love to hear some tips!

Cosmic X said...

Wow, great to see you are back.
Best regards to Mr. Bagel.

Double Mazal Tov on the birth of your girls. Real life certainly trumps blogging which is the reason that my blogging is sporadic.

With regards to Aliyah, I think the main issues are

1) housing in a good community
2) employment
3) educational institutions for the kids

I don't know how much the institutions that are supposed to help Olim really help. They didn't help me!

If you an Mr. Bagel come to visit in Jerusalem please stop by.

Baleboosteh said...

Thanks Cosmic! I have often wondered how much 'real' help Olim get....and we would love to drop by - hopefully one day we will have the opportunity :)

Sharon A said...

We moved back to US for 10 years and then made aliyah. Many friends are in your position, would like to, but...

Daniel Greenfield said...

Welcome back

Micluther said...

The is the area of our details that we present to the world. It may be personal, Professional, Business or any other related.So its area where we talk around through the world and we share with others information.