I have finished my Shabbos cooking ready for tonight and because it is hot here and we are having a dairy based meal tonight, I wanted a dessert that didn't require cooking in the oven (which makes the house even hotter) and was milchig. I came across this Chocolate and Tia Maria Mousse recipe. I have had a tiny little taste of what I made this morning and it is delicious!
Here is the recipe:
- 200g dark chocolate roughly chopped.
- 1/4 cup Tia Maria (check with your local kashrut authority).
- 4 eggs, seperated.
- 300ml thickened cream, whipped.
Berries - raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, extra cream and chocolate flakes to serve.
1. Melt chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water, stirring until smooth.
2. Remove from heat. Blend in the Tia Maria. Whisk egg yolks in one at a time. Transfer to a bowl, gradually fold cream through chocolate mixture.
3. In a clean dry bowl, beat egg whites using an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture.
4. Divide mixture evenly among 6-8 serving dishes. Chill, covered for 3 hours or overnight until firm. Serve sprinkled with chocolate, or as I have in the photos with berries, cream and grated chocolate.
Enjoy! Yum, yum!
Have a great weekend everyone and a peaceful Shabbos.
Technorati Tags -
Israel ~ Judaism ~ Orthodox Jew ~ Kosher Cooking ~ Shabbat ~ Chocolate Mousse ~ Dessert ~ Life ~ Photos ~ Weblog ~ Blog
.... Just another day ....