Friday 20 July 2007

Welcome to the 12th edition of JPix!

Welcome to the 12th edition of JPix!

This stunning photo is from Yossi at The Next Step...




Sorry this JPix is a day late, it has been a busy kind of week with the girls going back to school after the holidays and Aaron's Birthday on Wednesday (Happy Birthday Mr Bagel! hee hee hee!), I actually forgot about JPix. Anyway, there have been a lot of really good submissions this fortnight, but first lets start with a little bit about what JPix is.

About JPix:
JPix is a fortnightly carnival started by BagelBlogger, for Jewish bloggers and the photos they take. So if you're Jewish and you have photos you want to share, whether they be family, historical, art, funny, quirky, whatever, make sure you get them into the next edition of JPix!

Thank you to all the people who have submitted photos and please remember if you do not submit, you most likely will not be included - I only post what is submitted. (you can submit for other people)

The photos featured here in this post are just a small sample of what you will see in the bloggers posts - you need to click on the links to see all the photos!

The wonderful Submissions!:

Let's get started with Jewish Blogmeister. He presents an unbelieveable view of the flood waters at Great Neck train Station in 'Jewish Blogmiester Exclusive: Pictures from the Flood!'.

Rafi G from Life In Israel has posted a very funny photo in his 'Only in Israel' post. Very cute!

Sara with No H is having trouble sleeping and this fortnight presents us with 'Delirium' - Sara, you better get used to not getting much sleep! :P Also check out more great shots from sara in 'Losing my Memories...'

I know I usually rant and rave about A Simple Jew's Black and White photos, but this one has to be one of the best of his I have seen - 'Black & White Picture Of The Week - Matryoshka Cross Section', beautiful! ASJ also posted an amazing photo by Yehoshua Halevi/Golden Light Images have a look at it in ASJ's post 'Song Of Ascent'.

Israel In Photos have some great posts up full of beautiful photos, but their most recent is 'Rosh HaNikra ' and the picture are stunning as usual!


Batya seemed to be missing Israel even before she left! She presents us with some lovely photos of trees in Israel in 'Eretz Yisrael Yaffah, The Land of Israel is Beautiful!' and also 'Fighting the Heat'. She also shares some great snaps in 'Jerusalem, again, busy day!' and she speaks up in 'I didn't have to "stand for it" and other Jerusalem adventures'.


Sarah at Sarah's View has posted some great examples of the cold and foggy weather us Aussies are enduring at the moment in 'Sites Obscured' Brrrrr! She also posts some warmer photos of her trip to the US in 'City Square'.

David at Temunot has come up with a really cool idea - 'Where in Israel', he post a photo or two from locations in Israel and we have to work out where the picture was taken. Go and have a look at the first 'Where in Israel?' and the second - 'Where in Israel 2'. We don't normally include videos in JPix but David submitted one this fortnight which I certainly feel is worth including and that is in his post 'It Only Takes 11 Minutes - Sderot', it gives us just a little insight into the terror Sderot faces.

Mottel from Letters Of Thought is pretty busy at the moment and didn't get around to submitting this fortnight, and I no longer search for submissions myself, but because Mottel is a regular submitter to JPix I just wanted to point out two of his latest posts 'The Roving Rabbis And The Roving Doctor' and 'A Story of Two Mezuzos' which include some really cool photos, do take a look.

Aaron has just gone off at me for not including some of my own posts so if you want you can click here to see them - 'Relax...' and 'Under Construction' or just scroll down the page a bit!

That's it for the 12th edition of JPix, I hope you have enjoyed it and sorry again for being a bit late.

If you would like to host an edition on your blog click here to contact BagelBlogger. It is really quite easy and fun to host and I believe a host is needed for the next edition.

July 05, 2007 Baleboosteh
Jun 22, 2007 Mr Bagel
Jun 06, 2007 Letters of Thought
May 24, 2007 Life in Israel
May 10, 2007 Temunot
Apr 26, 2007 Baleboosteh
Apr 12, 2007 Baleboosteh
Mar 26, 2007 Life of Rubin Blog
Mar 11, 2007 me-ander
Feb 26, 2007 Bagel Blogger
Feb 08, 2007 Bagelblogger



And don't forget to submit your or someone else's photo posts to be in the next edition of JPix!!

Have a great weekend!
Shabbat Shalom!

.... Just another day ....

10 comments:

Yossi ! said...

Great post!

Thanks for adding my pic.

A Simple Jew said...

~blush~

We're the ones who have to put up with them said...

Happy birthday Mr. Bagel!!! And great job with the JPix carnival Baleboosteh! You write such nice commentary and I continue to be amazed at the talent of all the photographers!

Mottel said...

Sorry for not submitting, glad you found my pictures and enjoyed them though . . .

Anonymous said...

Great job, as usual.

Batya said...

I thought I sent some in before leaving for NY. OH, well.

No more post pics until I'm back.

Sara with NO H said...

Thanks for adding me. Great roundup as usual. No baby yet...and no sleep yet either. Sigh...

Baleboosteh said...

Yossi: Thanks and you are very welcome, it is a stunning photo.

ASJ: Lol!

MizEllie: Thankyou my dear! :D

Mottel: They were too go to pass up and as I said, you normally submit.

David: Thanks, and thanks for submitting your lovely pics!

Muse: All that you submitted were included. I am looking forward to your pics from NY.... hope you are having fun!

Sara: You are welcome, thanks for submitting. I am sure your little one will be here VERY soon now! :D

Sara with NO H said...

I hope so. I'm due this week and she seems to be staying put...

Baleboosteh said...

I was 3 weeks over due with Jade, my first, and induced with all 3 of my girls.
Won't be long now and you will be holding your little bundle of joy, it is an amazing time, enjoy it.