Friday 29 June 2007

A Few Days In Hospital





I have had a few emails from people wondering if everything is ok. Yes, everything is ok now. I have just come home after spending a lovely couple of nights at the local hospital - no I am not sick, it was Amber.

Amber suffers from croup quite a bit. As you all know she has had some quite serious heart problems, she suffers from Asthma and due to the distance from home to the hospital we just can't take any chances with her. I knew the other night she had croup and had given her medication for it, but when she woke up at about 8pm with purple lips, totally gasping for breath and in a real panic we decided to call an ambulance to take her to hospital. I stayed with her in hospital and the first night I think we ended up getting about 1 hour of sleep. She was quite sick - they ended up giving her Adrenalin which was rather scary.

Anyway, we have just got home, and to prove just how obsessed I am with blogging.... well here I am telling you about it! So, to the people who have emailed worried about where I am - that's what happened!

I have also posted some photos today of the inlet near where I live, no particular reason, mainly because I didn't expect to end up typing so much and I like photos! Lol!

Have a great weekend!
Shabbat Shalom!


.... Just another day ....

10 comments:

Ezzie said...

Refuah Shleimah to Amber...!

LittleBirdies said...

That must have been some scare. Glad Amber is feeling better.

A Simple Jew said...

Refuah shleima to the little one.

Chana @ Lemon Lime Moon said...

It's frightening when tiny ones are ill. You are remembered in prayer for her continued healing and strength. All the best!

RaggedyMom said...

Glad to hear that things are good, and best wishes to all of you for a wonderful Shabbat.

Irina Tsukerman said...

I hope she's feeling better, and glad to hear you're all back home!

Maureen said...

Oh Danielle,
How scary that must have been for Amber and for you. I am so glad all turned out well. Thanks for letting us know you all are ok.
Stay well. Hugs to Amber (Jade and Ruby, too!)

Batya said...

Refuah Shleimah!

I guess it will be easier when you move, not only closer to a Jewish community, but closer to medical care.

We're the ones who have to put up with them said...

So glad Amber (and you!) are okay!! There is not much that is more frightening than the croup.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Yeeks,..I hope she's doing much better.
I hope you've rested up as well.
Great pictures!
And you're not obsessed,..blogging is just a wonderful outlet for you which I'm sure you needed to have!
Always,
Crusty~