As you may realise, I like to cook... suprise, suprise. Last night I made these corn and capsicum fritters and they were delicious! So, here is the recipe for those who would like to try them. This is a milchig recipe.
~ Corn & Capsicum Fritters ~
310g corn kernels
1 red capsicum (bell peper) seeded & finely chopped
1/2 cup self raising flour (or plain flour plus half a teaspoon of baking powder)
1/2 cup grated cheese
1/2 cup milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
4 Roma tomatoes, halved
1 tbl spoon oil
8 slices salmon
50g baby spinach to serve
1. Preheat oven to moderate, 180C (approx 370F)
2. In a medium bowl, combine corn, capsicum, flour, cheese, milk, egg and basil. Season to taste.
3. Place tomatoes and salmon in an oven proof dish, drizzle with oil and season to taste. Bake for 15 - 20 mins until tomatoes begin to collapse.
4. Meanwhile, heat a large greased frying pan on medium. Cook 1/4 cup measures of corn mixture for 2 - 3 mins each side until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
5. Serve fritters topped with tomatoes, salmon and spinach.
6. Last but not least... Enjoy!!
.... Just another day ....