Wednesday 29 November 2006

What Would You Take?

Blogging may be a bit sporadic over the next couple of days, why you ask?? The answer is simple... take a look and you will understand. It is kind of hard to concerntrate on blogging when the smoke is so thick it is making you choke and your eyes hurt.


It has made me think though. This fire is pretty close, too close for comfort. The winds here whip up so quickly and can then die down just as suddenly as they arrived. Going into worry mode, I was mentally deciding what I would like to have handy incase we have to leave rather quickly. I have all the family photos in shoe boxes and albums in a cupboard next to the front door. I have now added all our birth certificates to that cupboard.


I have so many things that I am attached to but couldn't possibly take all of them if the house was at risk of burning down. We have a house full of antique furniture which could never really be replaced, but stating the obvious, we couldn't take it. It is a hard decision and if this fire keeps going I will pack a few bags of things... just incase.


What would you take? If you had to leave your house not knowing if it would still be standing when you returned, what would you take with you?



.... Just another day ....

No comments: