Tuesday 5 June 2007

Local Aboriginal Wall Painting



Yesterday I posted some photos from the next 'much bigger' town along from our little town. Well today I am posting some photos I took two weeks ago from the 'next bigger town' but in the opposite direction of yesterdays town... if that makes any sense at all. What I mean is yesterdays town is south of our little town and this one I am posting today is north of our little town, wow it is really hard to describe these towns without naming them!

Anyway, while Mr bagel was at an appointment, I decided to take Ruby for a walk and take some photos while we waited for him. There is a nice little park with big fig trees down next to the river and bridge where I thought I would take her to play for a while. When we arrived we discovered you can actually walk under the bridge. I was quite surprised to see that the walls under the bridge were covered in Aboriginal paintings rather than horrible, ugly, graffiti you would normally see in the city. There is a large number of Aboriginals that live in our area and they have obviously been very busy painting at some stage - I am not sure how long the paintings have been there although they do not look 'new'.


On a whole different topic now... I wanted to remind everyone that Week 2 of the JBlog Bunch series is up over at BagelBlogger. I think the names belonging to each photo will be revealed in the coming days so make sure you pop over and have a go before it finishes!


.... Just another day ....

5 comments:

We're the ones who have to put up with them said...

Absolutely lovely. I wonder what we could do to get this type of painting instead of the gang tags we're subjected to?

Maureen said...

Those are beautiful, as are all the scenes you post. Who knows, I may have to make a trip down under one day!

Rafi G. said...

intricate paintings. amazing

Batya said...

I love to discover such gorgeous surprises while walking around.

hearth tablets said...

Those are beautiful.. all we have in Canada is bad Graffiti artists. Hope all is well. CS.